People have been told to stay away from saturated fats, however not all saturated fats are created equal. Medium chain saturated fats like the ones found in coconut have a wide range of health benefits that are just beginning to be recognized in the mainstream media. The following is a list of the many faces of coconut guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
- Is high in fiber
- Has probiotic properties
- Regulates digestion
- Contains high levels of zinc, phosphorous and iron
- Aids in weight loss
- Has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties that aid the immune system
- Improves heart health
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
- Boosts hydration
- Reduces blood pressure
- Contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and is sodium rich
- Is compatible with human blood
- Helps burn fat
- Is high in lauric acid which has antimicrobial benefits
- Boosts brain function
- Lowers the risk of heart disease
- Boosts metabolism, increasing energy levels
- Is full of essential amino acids
- Is packed with healthy fats
- Is antimicrobial
Feeding your mind and body with the right fuel is the fastest path to success! Stay ahead of the curve with coconut!
Contributor: Dr. Gregg Baron
The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. None of the information presented is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.